RN-BS Program Curriculum and Transfer Information
At Utica College, you will be taught and mentored by faculty known for their clinical expertise and knowledge of professional Nursing. Additionally, you will be provided with a solid foundation for pursuing graduate studies in Nursing specialty practice areas. Our online classes are small and students and faculty work together closely in a virtual atmosphere designed to promote personal and professional development. For more information, please call us at (866) 295-3106 toll-free.
Total credit hours required for the Baccalaureate degree: 120
Core (Students with an Associate Degree are exempt from Core) 34-55
The student must complete sufficient elective courses to earn at least the minimum of 120 credit hours required for this degree. At least 63 credit hours must be in the liberal arts and sciences.
- 1. Applicant must be a graduate of an accredited Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) program. A maximum of 90 credits may be transferred from four-year institutions, and 60 credits from two-year institutions, depending on one’s academic major.
- 2. Courses to be considered for transfer credit must be passed with a minimum grade of “C” or better.
- 3. Current Registered Nurse State Licensure (from any state) is a prerequisite for enrollment. A copy of the student’s RN Registration Certificate must be on file in the Department of Nursing office.
- 4. Upon matriculation, 30 transfer credits in nursing are granted toward the baccalaureate degree based upon a current nursing license. Up to 30 credits of Arts and Sciences can be transferred from the associate’s degree program.
- 5. Completion of a minimum 120 credit hours (67 credits general education and 53 credits nursing). Transfer credits are included in the total required 120 credit hours. At least 60 of the 120 credit hours must be taken in the liberal arts and sciences.