Increase your professional credentials in Financial Crime Investigation
The Financial Crimes Investigator online certificate is an indispensable credential in the fight to detect, prevent and investigate financial crimes for both the public and private sector investigator. The online FCI certificate is available exclusively from Utica College, arming future forensic investigators with critical-thinking skills, understanding of accounting principles, and a firm grasp on investigative auditing.
Students come out prepared to enter the forensic investigative accounting field and advance their careers in areas such as:
- :: Digital Forensics Investigation
- :: Forensic Auditing
- :: Anti-money Laundering
- :: Economic Criminology
Professionals in the field may be responsible for detecting and preventing financial crimes in the workplace, conducting internal audits, or enforcing compliance, regulations, standards and ethics.
The online Certificate blends criminal justice with investigative accounting to explore different types of internal and external fraud scenarios in addition to understanding the tools and intelligence needed to identify the increasingly complex structures of financial fraud and money laundering.
Online Criminal Finance Curriculum
Take courses in:
- :: Forensic Accounting
- :: Law of Economic Crime
- :: Payment Systems
- :: Special Topic (Money Laundering)
- :: Economic Crime Investigation
- :: Fraud Prevention and Detection
Earn your credentials from a World Leader in financial crime prevention.
When the world's leading corporations and government agencies need highly trained professionals to protect their assets, they look for criminal fraud investigators with credentials from Utica College, a world leader in Financial Crime prevention.
Developed by Utica College Economic Crime Faculty, the certificate in financial crime investigation is offered in a suite of nationally recognized Economic Crime programs at Utica College.
Tools, Tips and Other Resources
Here are a few interesting tools, valuable tips and other resources in articles, industry links, and press releases to increase your Financial Crime industry knowledge and assist you as you pursue your FCI education goals.
- :: Applied Mainstream Hacking: The Growing Field of Economic Crime Investigation - Utica College
- :: The History of Economic Crime and Fraud Management - Utica College
- :: Top 6 Fraud Risks for Small Businesses - Utica College
- :: Fighting Economic Crime in the Financial Services Sector - PwC
Utica College is the first college in the nation to become an education partner with the preeminent association for financial crime specialists—Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS). The Criminal Finance curriculum will also support your preparation for the CAMS certification exam. Click here for the press release or request more information about the discounts available to Utica students and ACAMS members.
Becoming a Financial Crimes Investigator
Every student's journey to enter the workforce as a Financial Crimes Investigator or similar role is unique, but the path from program requirements to an exciting career in forensic accounting investigation might look like this:
- Requirements to Get Started
- :: Associate's Degree or Resume with relevant career experience
- :: 2.5 GPA or higher
- FCI Certificate Curriculum
- :: 18 credit hours
- Financial Crime Investigation Field Sample Job Titles
- :: Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Specialist
- :: Finanical Crimes Analyst
- :: Compliance Specialist
- :: Internal Auditor
- :: IRS Criminal Investigation Special Agent
- :: Fraud Risk Analyst
- CAMS Exam
- :: 1 - 3 years relevant professional experience
- :: Membership in ACAMS
- :: Completion of ACAMS' AML Course (online)
- :: Self-study, ACAMS seminar attendance and exam preparation
- :: Apply, take and pass the CAMS exam
- :: Become a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist
Request More Information or call us today 315.732.2640 or toll-free at 866.295.3106 to speak with a Program Manager who can give you all the inside information on the online Financial Crime Investigator Certificate.
Our suite of programs in Economic Crime and Justice Studies is formally recognized by the International Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts (IALEIA) and we are an academic member of the organization.
1 View gainful employment disclosures for Certificates