Master of Science in Cybersecurity Online
Education and Training in Cybersecurity Intelligence, Forensics and Cyber Operations
Utica's online M.S. in Cybersecurity trains students to proactively address ever-changing attack and infiltration techniques. A leader in economic crime programs for more than 20 years, Utica designed the program in response to calls from cybersecurity professionals for a graduate-level program that combines state-of-the-art practices in intelligence, forensics and cyber operations.
The program offers three specializations targeted to students with different interests in this field:
- :: Intelligence: Designed for professionals interested in cyber intelligence and counterintelligence, cyber counterterrorism and cyber countersabotage. The curriculum covers analysis of global and national cybersecurity policies, the study and protection of critical infrastructures, as well as operations involving cyber threats and defense.
- :: Computer Forensics: Designed for students interested in collecting and preparing evidence of computer crimes such as fraud, child pornography and cyber espionage. The curriculum emphasizes a comprehensive understanding of the forensic tools and techniques used to investigate and analyze network-related incidents and preserve digital evidence.
- :: Cyber Operations: Designed for students who wish to protect and defend organizations from cyber attacks. Students gain the critical knowledge needed through a hands-on, lab-oriented curriculum that includes an in-depth examination of cyber tactics, techniques, procedures and more.
It utilizes a flexible, online format with faculty-directed study and an on-campus residency. Learn more about the benefits of the residency here.
A Degree Program for the 21st Century
The online M.S. in Cybersecurity offers students advanced knowledge and hands-on experience in intelligence, critical infrastructures, and investigative principles as they relate to cybercrime, including:
- :: An understanding of the major concepts in cybersecurity, computer forensics, cyber intelligence
- :: Training in critical thinking and decision making skills as they specifically relate to attacks on national critical infrastructures
- :: The application of cyber technology to field operations
- :: Ethics as applied to cybersecurity operations and policy
- :: A practical knowledge of cybercrime investigations, including methods of maintaining the integrity of cyber evidence
View this video of our faculty describing what makes our MS in Cybersecurity program unique.
Tools, Tips and Other Resources
Here are a few interesting tools, valuable tips and other resources in articles, industry links, and press releases to increase your Cybersecurity industry knowledge and assist you as you pursue your education goals.
Students may wish to explore new careers or expand their current knowledge base in counter intelligence, defense, homeland security, law enforcement and computer forensics.
Build your skills in this vital field with the online Masters in Cybersecurity. Request more information or call us today toll-free at (866) 295-3106 to speak with a Program Manager.
*CSIS Center for Strategic and International Studies. In the Crossfire: Critical Infrastructure in the Age of Cyber War. Washington, D.C. http://csis.org/event/crossfire-critical-infrastructure-age-cyber-war
Our suite of programs in Economic Crime and Justice Studies is formally recognized by the International Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts (IALEIA) and we are an academic member of the organization.
For more information about Utica's Online Master's in Cybersecurity degree, Request More Information or call us today at (315) 732-2640 or toll-free at (866) 295-3106.