Call us today! (866) 295-3106

Schedule an appointment

Call us today! (866) 295-3106

Tuition Assistance

Whether you are currently enlisted, a member of the reserves, or a veteran, there are many options available to you for tuition assistance. Dependents of members of the military are also able to take advantage of various benefits, scholarships and aid.

The Department of Veterans Affairs puts out a free annual publication on federal benefits for veterans and dependents, which includes a section on education. To get a copy of VA Pamphlet 80-02-1, 114 pages, Stock Number 051-000-00225-3, visit your nearest VA facility, call 1-800-827-1000 or write to Department of Veterans Affairs, Office of Public Affairs (80D), 810 Vermont Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20420. It is also available online at the VA’s web site.

The G.I. Bill

The Department of Veterans Affairs offers substantial aid under the G.I. Bill. If you are not certain which educational benefits apply to you, the VA offers assistance on its website and by phone (1-888-442-4551 or TDD at 1-800-829-4833).


The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form can help determine your eligibility for federal student financial aid (including grants and loans).

State Aid

There may also be benefits available from your state for online study. Contact the appropriate bureau or agency in your state for assistance.

Financial Aid for Dependents

Dependents, i.e., children and spouses of members of the armed services, also have many options for assistance, ranging from loans to scholarships. There may also be other programs specific to your state or region.

Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Programs - Eligible dependents of veterans may receive education benefits for up to 45 months through the GI Bill.

Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts - Eligible military spouses may receive up to $6,000 of financial assistance to help pay for education in career fields that are portable and in high-demand. 

National Military Family Association Joanne Holbrook Patton Military Spouse Scholarship Program - Spouses of uniformed armed services members can apply for scholarships in amounts ranging from $500 to $1000.

Army Emergency Relief Scholarships - Awards scholarships to dependent children and spouses.

Air Force Aid Society - Offers grant and tuition assistance to children and spouses of members of the Air Force.

Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society - Navy and Marine Corps families can apply for a number of scholarships and grants through this association.

Coast Guard Mutual Assistance - Offers grants and loans to Coast Guard personnel and eligible family members.

ThanksUSA - This charitable organization offers hundreds of scholarships for children and spouses of military personnel on active duty, ranging in amounts from $1000 to $5000.

Want to learn more about Utica College’s online education programs and what benefits are available to you as a member of the military? Call us at (866) 295-3106 or request more information