Patricia "Pat" A. Swann, M.S., A.P.R., is the senior public relations and management faculty member and a professional advisor for the Raymond Simon Chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America at Utica College (UC). Previously, she served as the dean of UC's School of Business and Justice Studies. She also worked as the head of the public relations division of Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication — the leading national educational organization for public relations college professors. She is also an accredited member of the Public Relations Society of America.
Swann has more than 20 years of experience in the fields of public relations and journalism. She was a news reporter/feature writer for The Southeast Missourian, a daily newspaper, and spent the bulk of her professional career in health care and educational public relations, and marketing. She has won national, state, and local awards for writing, graphic design, and public relations.
Honors and Distinctions
- M.S. in Public Relations from Syracuse University
- B.A. in Mass Communication from Truman State University
- A.P.R. accredited member of the Public Relations Society of America
- Member of the Public Relations Society of America
- Executive Director of the Raymond Simon Institute of Public Relations and Journalism
- Swann, P. (2014). Cases in Public Relations Management: The Rise of Social Media and Activism. New York, NY: Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group.
- Top Paper Award, 2017, Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, Public Relations Division for the paper Raymond Simon: Public Relations Educational Pioneer. This paper was also recognized by the Museum of Public Relations for its outstanding historical research.