Stephanie R. Nesbitt, J.D., MBA, has more than 20 years of experience working in the risk management and insurance industry. She is licensed to practice law in the State of New York and is a former Wiley Faculty Fellow.
Her research is in the development and effective teaching of business education programs and legal issues in cybersecurity. Prior to joining Utica College, she was the risk manager and associate counsel for Faxton-St. Luke's Healthcare.
Nesbitt has been a featured speaker at several national, statewide and regional industry conferences on topics such as insurance cost allocation methods, the impact of risk management on healthcare quality, individual and team accountability to improve healthcare quality, and HIPAA and patient privacy.
She also holds a third-degree black belt in karate and is an avid runner.
Honors and Distinctions
- J.D. from University at Buffalo School of Law
- MBA from Syracuse University
- B.A. in Speech Communication from Ithaca College
- Member of the New York State Bar Association and Academy of Management
- Nesbitt, Stephanie, R., Matthew D. Marmet, Tracy M. Balduzzi, and Rick Fenner. The Impact of Behavioral Engagement on Outcomes in Graduate Business Blended Learning Environments. The BRC Academy Journal of Education 7, no. 1 (2018): 79–99. http://dx.doi.org/10.15239/j.brcacadje.2018.07.01.ja04
- Norrie, J. and Nesbitt, S. (2016). Into the Cyber Breach Go U.S. Government Regulators. Frontline Safety and Security, 11(4), 30–33. http://security.frontline.online/article/2016/4/5721-FTC-and-Cybersecurity-Oversight