Robert Swenszkowski, M.S., has more than 25 years of law enforcement experience and in 2011 was appointed undersheriff of Oneida County, N.Y.
He also serves as an instructor for the Mohawk Valley Police pre-employment program and the Mohawk Valley Police Academy, and he's certified by the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Service to instruct courses on firearms, TASER, RADAR/LIDAR, domestic violence, and active shooter response.
Since becoming Oneida's undersheriff, Swenszkowski has been awarded several citations for excellence, including Promotion of Grade, Ready Commendation, Exceptional Service, Grand Cordon (six times), Sheriff's Special Recognition, and The Official's Medal from the Office of the Oneida County Executive.
Honors and Distinctions
- More than 25 years in law enforcement
- Member of the National Sheriffs' Association, the New York State Sheriff's Association, the Oneida County Magistrate's Association, the New York State Zone 7 Counter Terrorism Team, and the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences
- Member of the Oneida County Juvenile Division Committee
- Vice-chairman of the Oneida County Sheriff's Law Enforcement Foundation
- Executive board member for the Oneida County Law Enforcement Coalition
- Board member for Kids Oneida and Safe Schools Mohawk Valley
- B.A. and M.S. in Criminal Justice Administration from Columbia College of Missouri