As crimes become more sophisticated with the use of technology, and policy and laws change, the demand for criminal justice professionals with specialized skill sets increases. Utica’s BS in Criminal Justice reflects the world’s current need for diverse crime-fighting and prevention professionals.
To meet the new demands of the industry, the BS CJ program’s five specializations provide focused knowledge and experiential coursework that align to your career goals — you’ll be expertly prepared to step into a core criminal justice role. Choose to focus on:
- :: Public Policy & Leadership
- :: Legal Issues in Criminal Justice
- :: Cyber Criminology & Policy
- :: Homeland Security
- :: White-Collar Crime
Bachelor of Science - Cybersecurity
The online BS in Cybersecurity offers you a unique opportunity to take the most extensive coursework offered in academia for digital forensics, fraud investigations, homeland security and emergency management, and cyber ops, built into a convenient and flexible online format. Our program also offers you five in-demand specializations:
- :: Cybercrime and Fraud Investigation - Learn the latest techniques in digital evidence collection to aid in the prosecution of cybercrimes such as intellectual property theft, hacking, and credit card fraud.
- :: Network Forensics and Intrusion Investigation - Learn the technical aspects of conducting computer network investigations and bring internet criminals to justice using computer forensics.
- :: Information Assurance - Learn how to establish, manage, and operate an effective Information Assurance (IA) program for public, private, and government data systems in order to prevent information theft.
- :: Cyber Operations - Learn how to detect and respond to cyber threats, as well as how to operate and administer cyber systems.
Bachelor of Science – Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation
Our Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation online bachelor's degree focuses on the area of Financial Investigations. This specialization takes the best of criminal justice and accounting, and blends them together with coursework specific to economic crime prevention, forensic accounting, and investigations to create a unique offering that is not available in any other academic setting. In fact, Utica's BS in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation stands out as a one-of-a-kind program nationwide. Graduates will be prepared for a number of different positions including:
- :: Asset Forfeiture Specialist
- :: Internal Fraud Auditor
- :: Tax Crime Investigator
- :: Securities Fraud Analyst
- :: Bank Examiner
RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BS Nursing) online program prepares licensed registered nurses (RN) who are graduates of Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) programs for an enhanced career in today's demanding healthcare environment. Graduates of our online RN-BS Nursing program have the added preparation to assume roles that demand critical-thinking, decision-making, communication, and leadership skills.
At least 18 states, including New York and New Jersey, are considering "BSN-in-10" legislation, which requires RNs to obtain a BSN within 10 years of becoming licensed. Earning your BSN now provides additional security in your nursing career, showing employers you meet the new minimum education requirements for nurses as recognized by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) and theNational Advisory Council on Nurse Education and Practice.
With a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, your job prospects will be bright. In fact, a nationalsurvey by the AACN found that BSN graduates are much more likely to have job offers by graduation or soon after compared with graduates from other fields.
Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
The online Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program prepares you to start a successful career as a registered nurse in just 16 months. The curriculum includes hands-on clinical work, first-hand experience with real patients, and completely flexible and engaging online courses offered through our state-of-the-art online learning platform.