- :: Demonstrate knowledge of key criminal justice and criminological concepts, processes, and issues.
- :: Describe major criminological theories in terms of the causes and controls of crime, considering the community.
- :: Exhibit critical thinking about crime and criminal justice policy claims and issues with an emphasis on questioning the credibility of claims and statistics.
- :: Articulate how research is used to test hypotheses and inform policy decisions, including the design of evaluation studies.
- :: Describe how ethics influence the exercise of discretion in the field of criminal justice as well as in the conduct of criminological research.
- :: Communicate effectively about crime and the criminal justice system, including written and oral communication and technology proficiency.
- :: Demonstrate an understanding of what effective employment in a criminal justice setting involves.
- :: Articulate how economic and cybercrime influence traditional forms of crime and the criminal justice system’s response to them.
Get Started Today!
Learn how these learning goals support your career goals to fight crime at a local, state, or national level, Request More Information about Utica’s BS in Criminal Justice degree. You can also call us today at 315.732.2640, or toll-free at 866.295.3106 to speak with a Program Manager who can answer your questions.