Your Accounting Career Success Begins Here
Utica College’s online B.B.A. in Accounting program delivers the academic foundation you need to succeed in an ever-changing business world, plus a portion of the courses required for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credential. When you graduate, you’ll be fully prepared to pursue a master’s degree and complete the full CPA educational requirements to take the CPA exam and begin your accounting career.
- $71,550 MEDIAN ANNUAL SALARY FOR ACCOUNTANTS IN 20191
- 61,700 NEW ACCOUNTING POSITIONS AVAILABLE BY 20291
- 15% INDUSTRY GROWTH RATE FOR FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT POSITIONS2
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports a growing need for finance and accounting experts. The field of accounting is expected to expand by 4% through the decade. At this rate, more than 61,000 new positions for accountants and auditors will be created by 2029.
Accountants serve businesses and individuals by keeping detailed records of their finances for investment and tax purposes. They provide financial advice for investment opportunities, file taxes properly, and prevent potential loss.1
Financial managers serve businesses by setting financial goals and developing plans to achieve them. They also explore opportunities for investments and ways to achieve higher profits.2
Additional roles for graduates of the online B.B.A. in Accounting degree:
- Auditing clerk
- Cost estimator
- Financial analyst
- Personal financial advisor
- Budget analyst
Request More Information
We’d love to get to know you and hear more about your educational and professional goals. If you’d like to learn more about one of our programs, fill out this form and we’ll be in touch:
Note: All fields required.
Program Outcomes: Accounting Skills for the Evolving Business World
After completing the B.B.A. in Accounting degree online, you will be able to:
- Prepare financial statements and interpret financial information to improve managerial decision-making.
- Evaluate accounting and non-accounting information to make effective decisions within an organization.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the concepts and processes involved in performing an audit.
- Utilize primary tax research sources to apply tax laws to situations impacting U.S. taxpayers in order to comply with applicable regulations and provide tax planning advice.
- Identify and interpret legal and ethical issues in the global business environment.
Beyond the Degree
We have the tools to help you make your next career move:
Work with your program director and professors for professional mentorship and support.
Job Search Assistance
Build your résumé, do mock interviews, and find new opportunities in your area.
Have our experts review your résumé and LinkedIn and learn to stand out from the crowd.
Register for events, create a visual profile for employers, and apply for jobs and internships through our online portal.