Advance Your Career With an Online B.B.A. Degree
Build a Strong Foundation in Business
Hands-on Learning Opportunities
Transfer Up To 90 Credits
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Prepare for the Evolving World of Business Through Experiential Learning
The 100% online business administration degree from Utica College provides a foundation in business while offering the flexibility you need to reach your professional goals.
The online B.B.A. degree gives you insight into how companies operate in a global, evolving business world. Our hands-on learning approach allows you to design your education to meet your professional goals while gaining a firm understanding of the business skills you’ll need to succeed.
Numerous specializations and electives, along with a variety of experiential learning opportunities, allow you to gain the experience you need to pursue your career of choice. As a student in the business administration degree program, you’ll use the latest technology and business simulations to enhance your understanding of decision-making and operations management in business.
While you’ll be prepared for an assortment of in-demand roles when you graduate, the B.B.A. degree also ensures you’re ready for graduate study.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that business and financial occupations will grow by 7% between 2018 and 2028.1 Graduates of the B.B.A. degree program have the leadership, management, and critical thinking skills to successfully tackle the evolving global business landscape in a variety of careers.Explore Careers
The business administration degree online offers specializations in financial crime, health care management, human resource management, and public relations and marketing. You can also opt to craft your own path through a variety of elective courses.
Utica College maintains articulation agreements with a number of community colleges, making it easier for students who complete their associate degree to transfer to UC to complete their bachelor’s and graduate degrees.Explore Courses
Our online B.B.A. degree accepts applications from first-time freshmen, as well as students with some college credit. To apply for the B.B.A. in Business Administration, you’ll need the following:
- Completed application
- 2.5 minimum GPA for transfer credit
- 3.0 minimum GPA for high school courses
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Official final high school transcripts (with graduation date), unless you have earned an associate degree or higher
- If you are entering with an associate degree or transferring a minimum of 57 credits from a four-year college, your general educational requirements are considered complete.
- SAT (I or II) or ACT scores are not required.
- Personal statement
- One letter of recommendation
Tuition and Financial Aid
This program costs $400 per credit hour. Utica College is dedicated to making an advanced education accessible and affordable and offers many avenues for financial aid.Learn More
Faculty: Support From the Experts
Our faculty works closely with you to ensure you are well prepared to meet your educational and professional goals with your online B.B.A. degree.
Donna M. Dolansky, MBA
Professor of Practice, Accounting
Donna M. Dolansky, MBA, is the chair of Utica’s Business Department Faculty Teaching committee and has been working in the accounting industry since 2000.
Dolansky spent seven years working at the public accounting firm Ernst & Young LLP in Boston, with a two-year rotation at their London office. She then moved to upstate New York and worked at NBT Bank in various accounting and finance roles, overseeing financial reporting and budgeting, mergers and acquisitions, and financial analysis and planning.
Away from campus, Dolansky spends most of her leisure time with her husband and two kids. She enjoys outdoor activities such as hiking, cross-country skiing, and swimming. She is an avid reader and enjoys cooking and baking with her family.
Honors and Distinctions
- MBA, Utica College
- B.S. in Accounting, Boston College
- Licensed CPA in Massachusetts and New York
- Member of the New York State Society of CPAs
- Member of the American Institute of CPAs
Glen A. Hansen, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Accounting
Glen Hansen, Ph.D., MBA, is Associate Professor of Accounting and coordinator of the on-campus Accounting program at Utica College. He has taught finance, accounting, and statistics at Brigham Young University, the University of Rochester, Penn State University, Baruch College, and Hunter College.
Dr. Hansen has worked in the financial industry designing accounting-based investment strategies for Ziff Brothers Investments, Battenkill Asset Management, and Morgan Stanley. He is currently a member of Utica College’s Retention and Completion Task Force and of the Business Department Business Leadership team.
Hansen has published finance and accounting articles in several international journals and a book chapter in the Handbook of Security Analyst Forecasting and Asset Allocation. His current research focuses on how managers use their discretion to influence accounting earnings and other financial statement accounts. Hansen has applied this research primarily in the banking industry.
Honors and Distinctions
- Ph.D. in Business Administration and M.S. in Applied Economics, University of Rochester
- MBA, Brigham Young University
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Brigham Young University
- Hansen, G. (2015). Predicting loan loss provisions by including loan type characteristics, The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, Volume 9(2), p. 53-67.
- Hansen, G. (2015). Managerial discretion over loan loss reserves during the global financial crisis, The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, Volume 9(1), p. 51-61.
Frequently Asked Questions
Advancing your life and career with an online degree comes with lots of questions, and we want to ensure your search for answers is effortless. If you have a question we haven’t covered, call (866) 295-3106 to speak with an enrollment counselor.
You can complete the program in as few as two and a half years. To review the curriculum details, visit our courses page.
Scholarships and other financial aid options for online students vary by program. Non-traditional students can pursue numerous third-party scholarships. You can also consider these financing options:
- Complete the FAFSA® to determine your financial aid eligibility. Utica College’s FAFSA® code is 002883.
- Apply for a Sallie Mae loan.
- If you’re a military veteran, a member of the reserves, or currently serving in the U.S. military, you and any dependents are eligible for several financial assistance options. Utica College also offers a 10-percent tuition discount for you and your spouse.
The B.B.A. does not yet have programmatic accreditation, but it is housed within the ACBSP-accredited business school. Utica College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. This accreditation affirms that you will experience an exceptional and rigorously evaluated online education as you pursue your B.B.A. degree.
You can transfer up to 60 credits from a two-year institution and up to 90 credits from a four-year institution into the online B.B.A. degree program. By transferring the maximum number of credits, you can earn your B.B.A. degree in as few as two and a half years. Review the admission requirements to learn more.
You will complete 40 courses to earn the B.B.A. degree. Each course awards three credit hours. Your education will include:
- 34–55 core credits
- 42 business requirement credits
- 18 business administration elective credits
- 5–26 college elective credits
If you have past college experience, you can transfer up to 60 credits from a two-year institution and up to 90 credits from a four-year institution into the online B.B.A. degree program. Visit the courses page to explore curriculum details for this program.