PROGRAM OVERVIEW Hands-on Training for Effective Business Decisions
The online B.B.A. in Business Data Analytics degree delivers the essential business skills and data-driven expertise you need to advance your career.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
In-Demand Skills for Dynamic Business Opportunities
The online B.B.A. in Business Data Analytics degree was designed with your career success in mind. Through a curriculum founded on business essentials, the data analytics bachelor’s degree will prepare you to analyze business issues and make effective decisions using data. Expert faculty members will guide you through each course as you gain hands-on experience working with today’s business analytical tools and prepare for the next step in your career.
Earning your B.B.A. in Business Data Analytics degree online with Utica allows you to pursue your education and advance your career through a flexible platform that fits your personal schedule.
Career Outlook: Opportunities for Analytics Experts
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there’s a growing need for data analytics experts. The field is currently growing at a rate of 11 percent. More than 93,000 new positions for management analysts alone are expected to be created by 2029.1 Utica’s online B.B.A. in Business Data Analytics degree provides the expertise necessary to succeed in this role and more.Explore Careers
Curriculum: A Cutting-Edge Analytics Toolkit
The courses required for the data analytics bachelor’s degree teach you to utilize data to make informed and effective business decisions. As a student, you’ll explore topics including data management, risk analysis, data modeling, and more.
Utica College maintains articulation agreements with a number of community colleges, making it easier for students who complete their associate degree to transfer to UC to complete their bachelor’s and graduate degrees.Explore Courses
Program Outcomes: Apply Analytics Expertise to Any Business
After completing the B.B.A. in Business Data Analytics degree online, you will be able to:
- Render analytically sound business decisions by selecting and applying appropriate data analysis models, tools, techniques, and frameworks.
- Evaluate business data operations regarding fairness, ethics, accountability, and transparency.
- Identify and interpret legal and ethical issues in the global business environment.
- Consume and produce quantitative and qualitative information to facilitate business.
- Apply rudimentary concepts from the management of technology discipline to people, process, and technology management challenges in a modern organization.
Our B.B.A. in Business Data Analytics degree online program accepts applications from first-time freshmen, as well as students with some college credit. To apply for the online data analytics degree from Utica College, you’ll need:
- Completed application
- 2.5 minimum GPA for transfer credit
- 3.0 minimum GPA for high school courses
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Official final high school transcripts (with graduation date), unless you have earned an associate degree or higher
- If you are entering with an associate degree or transferring a minimum of 57 credits from a four-year college, your general educational requirements are considered complete.
- SAT (I or II) or ACT scores are not required.
- Personal statement
- One letter of recommendation
The online B.B.A. in Business Data Analytics degree program costs $420 per credit and requires the completion of 120 total credits. Utica College is dedicated to making an advanced education accessible and affordable and offers many avenues for financial aid.Learn More
Faculty: Support from Analytics Experts
Our faculty members share years of diverse business experience and are committed to providing personalized attention to every student completing the B.B.A. in Business Data Analytics degree online. In addition, faculty members schedule regular office hours to be contacted by individual students via online chat or by telephone.
Donna M. Dolansky, MBA
Professor of Practice, Accounting
Donna M. Dolansky, MBA, is the chair of Utica’s Business Department Faculty Teaching committee and has been working in the accounting industry since 2000.
Dolansky spent seven years working at the public accounting firm Ernst & Young LLP in Boston, with a two-year rotation at their London office. She then moved to upstate New York and worked at NBT Bank in various accounting and finance roles, overseeing financial reporting and budgeting, mergers and acquisitions, and financial analysis and planning.
Away from campus, Dolansky spends most of her leisure time with her husband and two kids. She enjoys outdoor activities such as hiking, cross-country skiing, and swimming. She is an avid reader and enjoys cooking and baking with her family.
Honors and Distinctions
- MBA, Utica College
- B.S. in Accounting, Boston College
- Licensed CPA in Massachusetts and New York
- Member of the New York State Society of CPAs
- Member of the American Institute of CPAs
Glen A. Hansen, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Accounting
Glen Hansen, Ph.D., MBA, is Associate Professor of Accounting and coordinator of the on-campus Accounting program at Utica College. He has taught finance, accounting, and statistics at Brigham Young University, the University of Rochester, Penn State University, Baruch College, and Hunter College.
Dr. Hansen has worked in the financial industry designing accounting-based investment strategies for Ziff Brothers Investments, Battenkill Asset Management, and Morgan Stanley. He is currently a member of Utica College’s Retention and Completion Task Force and of the Business Department Business Leadership team.
Hansen has published finance and accounting articles in several international journals and a book chapter in the Handbook of Security Analyst Forecasting and Asset Allocation. His current research focuses on how managers use their discretion to influence accounting earnings and other financial statement accounts. Hansen has applied this research primarily in the banking industry.
Honors and Distinctions
- Ph.D. in Business Administration and M.S. in Applied Economics, University of Rochester
- MBA, Brigham Young University
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Brigham Young University
- Hansen, G. (2015). Predicting loan loss provisions by including loan type characteristics, The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, Volume 9(2), p. 53-67.
- Hansen, G. (2015). Managerial discretion over loan loss reserves during the global financial crisis, The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, Volume 9(1), p. 51-61.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to your questions regarding the online B.B.A. in Business Data Analytics program, and learn more about earning your degree online.
To learn more, speak with an enrollment counselor by calling 1-866-295-3106.
While the average completion time for the online B.B.A. in Business Data Analytics program is 4 years, you may be able to complete the degree in as little as 2 years if you are transferring in the maximum number of credits.
While the average completion time for the online B.B.A. in Business Data Analytics program is 4 years, you may take up to 6 years to complete the degree.
The online B.B.A. in Business Data Analytics program costs $420 per credit and requires the completion of 120 credits. The total cost of the degree, minus fees, is $50,400. Learn more about tuition for this program and financial aid options by visiting our tuition page.
Yes. Students may transfer up to 60 credits from a 2-year institution and up to 90 credits from a 4-year institution. Please note that transfer credit is not guaranteed, and transfer students must go through a process to determine if credits are eligible for transfer. Learn more by visiting our admissions page.
You may transfer up to 60 credits from a 2-year institution and up to 90 credits from a 4-year institution into the online B.B.A. in Business Data Analytics program. Learn more about our credit transfer policy by visiting our admissions page.
The online B.B.A. in Business Data Analytics requires the completion of 120 total credits, including 36 from business core courses and 24 from business data analytics major courses. Learn more about the curriculum for this program by visiting our courses page.