Hands-on Training for Effective Business Decisions
Business Data Analytics Tool Training
Affordable Online Classes
Gain Data-Based Decision-Making Skills
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
In-Demand Skills for Dynamic Business Opportunities
The online B.B.A. in Business Data Analytics degree delivers the essential business skills and data-driven expertise you need to advance your career.
The online B.B.A. in Business Data Analytics degree was designed with your career success in mind. Through a curriculum founded on business essentials, the data analytics bachelor’s degree will prepare you to analyze business issues and make effective decisions using data. Expert faculty members will guide you through each course as you gain hands-on experience working with today’s business analytical tools and prepare for the next step in your career.
Earning your B.B.A. in Business Data Analytics degree online with Utica allows you to pursue your education and advance your career through a flexible platform that fits your personal schedule.
Continue Your Undergraduate Education
This online degree is also a completer program, which means that students may transfer credits into an undergraduate program at Utica University. Students may also complete all 120 credits at Utica University as a full, undergraduate degree. Candidates for the baccalaureate degree must satisfactorily complete a minimum of 30 credit hours of study at Utica University. A maximum of 90-98 credits may be transferred from four-year institutions, and 60-64 from two-year institutions, depending on one’s academic major. Transfer students who matriculate with 60 or more credits need to declare a major upon entering Utica University.
Career Outlook: Opportunities for Analytics Experts
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there’s a growing need for data analytics experts. The field is currently growing at a rate of 11 percent. More than 93,000 new positions for management analysts alone are expected to be created by 2029.1 Utica’s online B.B.A. in Business Data Analytics degree provides the expertise necessary to succeed in this role and more.Explore Careers
Curriculum: A Cutting-Edge Analytics Toolkit
The courses required for the data analytics bachelor’s degree teach you to utilize data to make informed and effective business decisions. As a student, you’ll explore topics including data management, risk analysis, data modeling, and more.
Utica University maintains articulation agreements with a number of community colleges, making it easier for students who complete their associate degree to transfer to Utica to complete their bachelor’s and graduate degrees.Explore Courses
Program Outcomes: Apply Analytics Expertise to Any Business
After completing the B.B.A. in Business Data Analytics degree online, you will be able to:
- Render analytically sound business decisions by selecting and applying appropriate data analysis models, tools, techniques, and frameworks.
- Evaluate business data operations regarding fairness, ethics, accountability, and transparency.
- Identify and interpret legal and ethical issues in the global business environment.
- Consume and produce quantitative and qualitative information to facilitate business.
- Apply rudimentary concepts from the management of technology discipline to people, process, and technology management challenges in a modern organization.
Our B.B.A. in Business Data Analytics degree online program accepts applications from first-time freshmen, as well as students with some college credit. To apply for the online data analytics degree from Utica University, you’ll need:
- Completed application
- 2.5 minimum GPA for transfer credit
- 3.0 minimum GPA for high school courses
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Official final high school transcripts (with graduation date), unless you have earned an associate degree or higher
- If you are entering with an associate degree or transferring a minimum of 57 credits from a four-year college, your general educational requirements are considered complete.
- SAT (I or II) or ACT scores are not required.
- Personal statement
- One letter of recommendation
The online B.B.A. in Business Data Analytics degree program costs $420 per credit and requires the completion of 120 total credits. Utica University is dedicated to making an advanced education accessible and affordable and offers many avenues for financial aid.Learn More
Faculty: Support from Analytics Experts
Our faculty members share years of diverse business experience and are committed to providing personalized attention to every student completing the B.B.A. in Business Data Analytics degree online. In addition, faculty members schedule regular office hours to be contacted by individual students via online chat or by telephone.
Donna M. Dolansky, MBA
Professor of Practice, Accounting
Donna M. Dolansky, MBA, is the chair of Utica’s Business Department Faculty Teaching committee and has been working in the accounting industry since 2000.
Dolansky spent seven years working at the public accounting firm Ernst & Young LLP in Boston, with a two-year rotation at their London office. She then moved to upstate New York and worked at NBT Bank in various accounting and finance roles, overseeing financial reporting and budgeting, mergers and acquisitions, and financial analysis and planning.
Away from campus, Dolansky spends most of her leisure time with her husband and two kids. She enjoys outdoor activities such as hiking, cross-country skiing, and swimming. She is an avid reader and enjoys cooking and baking with her family.
Honors and Distinctions
- MBA, Utica University
- B.S. in Accounting, Boston College
- Licensed CPA in Massachusetts and New York
- Member of the New York State Society of CPAs
- Member of the American Institute of CPAs
Glen A. Hansen, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Accounting
Glen Hansen, Ph.D., MBA, is Associate Professor of Accounting and coordinator of the on-campus Accounting program at Utica University. He has taught finance, accounting, and statistics at Brigham Young University, the University of Rochester, Penn State University, Baruch College, and Hunter College.
Dr. Hansen has worked in the financial industry designing accounting-based investment strategies for Ziff Brothers Investments, Battenkill Asset Management, and Morgan Stanley. He is currently a member of Utica University’s Retention and Completion Task Force and of the Business Department Business Leadership team.
Hansen has published finance and accounting articles in several international journals and a book chapter in the Handbook of Security Analyst Forecasting and Asset Allocation. His current research focuses on how managers use their discretion to influence accounting earnings and other financial statement accounts. Hansen has applied this research primarily in the banking industry.
Honors and Distinctions
- Ph.D. in Business Administration and M.S. in Applied Economics, University of Rochester
- MBA, Brigham Young University
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Brigham Young University
- Hansen, G. (2015). Predicting loan loss provisions by including loan type characteristics, The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, Volume 9(2), p. 53-67.
- Hansen, G. (2015). Managerial discretion over loan loss reserves during the global financial crisis, The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, Volume 9(1), p. 51-61.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to your questions regarding the online B.B.A. in Business Data Analytics program, and learn more about earning your degree online.
To learn more, speak with an enrollment counselor by calling 1-866-295-3106.
You can complete the program in as few as two years. To review the curriculum details, visit our courses page.
Scholarships and other financial aid options for online students vary by program. Non-traditional students can pursue numerous third-party scholarships. You can also consider these financing options:
- Complete the FAFSA® to determine your financial aid eligibility. Utica University’s FAFSA® code is 002883.
- Apply for a Sallie Mae loan.
- If you’re a military veteran, a member of the reserves, or currently serving in the U.S. military, you and any dependents are eligible for several financial assistance options. Utica University also offers a 10-percent tuition discount for you and your dependents.
The B.B.A. in Data Analytics is offered through the ACBSP-accredited business school. Utica University (formerly Utica College) is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. This accreditation affirms that you will experience an exceptional and rigorously evaluated online education as you pursue your degree.
You will complete 120 credits to earn the B.B.A.in Data Analytics degree. Your coursework will consist of:
- 34–55 core credits
- 36 business requirement credits
- 24 business data analytics major credits
- 12 business elective credits
- Up to 14 college elective credits
If you have past college experience, you can transfer up to 60 credits from a two-year institution and up to 90 credits from a four-year institution into the online B.B.A. in Data Analytics program. Visit the courses page to explore curriculum details for this program.
This program prepares you to make data-driven decisions as a successful business professional. Possible career paths include management analyst, operations research analyst, business analyst, and market research analyst.