The field of cybersecurity is booming. With scandals and breaches littering the news, organizations of all types need qualified professionals to help protect their networks and data. Take the next step in meeting that demand with the online Certificate of Advanced Studies in Cyber Operations.
Certificate of Advanced Studies in Cyber Operations: Career Outlook
Stand out with cutting-edge cybersecurity skills.
- 3.5 million cybersecurity job openings by 20211
- Top 10% of computer and information security analysts earn more than $150,000 annually2
- 28% job growth projected, 2016–20263
Similar to any profession, career advancement largely depends on your education and experience in the field. This certificate also helps prepare you to sit for the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) exam.
Graduates from this certificate have gone on to work in positions like these:
- Information Security Analyst: Provide and implement security solutions that maximize productivity for organizations while following strict privacy policies. Main duties include research, collecting data, and developing security strategies.
- Compliance Manager: Ensure regulatory and ethical compliance throughout an organization. Main duties include identifying compliance issues, investigating complaints, and coordinating with regulatory agencies.
- Security Manager: Maintain the security and safety of an organization's assets. Main duties include identifying, investigating, and resolving security breaches, as well as planning and implementing security procedures.
Request More Information
We'd love to get to know you and hear more about your educational and professional goals. If you'd like to learn more about one of our programs, fill out this form and we'll be in touch:
Analyze and assess tactics, techniques, and procedures for cyberspace operations in the context of legal and ethical issues and constraints
Apply vulnerability assessment and penetration testing tools to assess the security posture of cyberspace systems
Conduct cyber defense and cyberattack experiments
Apply data hiding methods to cyberspace operations
Apply network forensic tools and techniques to diagnose system problems and cyber incidents
Continue Your Education
When you're ready to advance your education, you can seamlessly transfer equivalent courses from this certificate to complete one of these degrees in less than two years:*
- Master's in Cybersecurity
- Master's in Cyber Policy and Risk Analysis
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Note that not all of your credit hours may transfer into these degrees. You must first obtain permission from the Program Director.
*Students are expected to take one class every eight weeks.
Beyond the Degree
We have the tools to help you make your next career move:
Work with your program director and professors for professional mentorship and support.
Job Search Assistance
Build your résumé, do mock interviews, and find new opportunities in your area.
Have our experts review your résumé and LinkedIn and learn to stand out from the crowd.
UC Career Connect
Register for events, create a visual profile for employers, and apply for jobs and internships through our online portal.
1NeSmith, B. (2018, August). The Cybersecurity Talent Gap Is An Industry Crisis. Forbes. Retrieved December 26, 2018, from https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2018/08/09/the-cybersecurity-talent-gap-is-an-industry-crisis/#35811286a6b3
2Bureau of Labor Statistics. (2018, April 13). Information Security Analysts – Pay. Retrieved December 26, 2018, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/information-security-analysts.htm#tab-5
3Bureau of Labor Statistics. (2018, April 13). Information Security Analysts. Retrieved December 26, 2018, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/information-security-analysts.htm