Graduates of the online transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy program will be able to:
- :: Demonstrate the ability to locate and critically analyze the literature to develop hypotheses to guide clinical decisions for patient/clients.
- :: Use computer and/or communication technology to gather information to address clinical questions and about efficacy of practice.
- :: Integrate cultural competence into professional behavior and clinical encounters with all clients.
- :: Appraise levels of sensitivity and specificity of evidence to make clinical judgments.
- :: Integrate research evidence, patient values & preferences, ethics and clinical experience to examine patient/clients across the lifespan.
- :: Display adherence to physical therapy core values and professional standards.
Institutional Level Intellectual Skills
- 1- Communication – The ability to communicate information and attitudes clearly and precisely.
- 2- Critical Analysis and Reasoning – The ability to seek out relevant evidence, evaluate it, and draw justified conclusions.
- 3- Synthesis – The ability to draw fruitful connections between topics and ideas and to create new understanding.
- 4- Social Awareness – An understanding of the nature and origins of the social world and an ability to operate within it.
- 5- Quantitative Literacy – The ability to interpret quantitative information and present information in quantitative forms.
Click here to view more details in the transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy Curriculum Map
If you would like more information about the online Post-Professional/transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy, Request More Information or call to speak to admissions at 315.732.2640 or toll-free at 866.295.3106.