Start your path toward Nursing Home Administrator licensure.
There are few things as rewarding as dedicating your time to helping the people in your community. Utica University’s online Advanced Studies certificate in Nursing Home Administrator prepares you to meet that desire.
- IN 2021, THE MEDIAN ANNUAL WAGE FOR MEDICAL AND HEALTH SERVICES MANAGERS WAS $101,3402
- 32% JOB GROWTH PROJECTED FROM 2020 TO 20301
- SATISFIES NYSDOH QUALIFICATION 3 FOR NURSING HOME ADMINISTRATOR LICENSURE.3
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, medical and health services positions are projected to increase at a rate of 32 percent from 2020 through 2030 as the aging baby-boom generation requires advanced health care services.1 Fortunately, that means a growing need for educated professionals, and our NHA certification program will prepare you for your path towards licensure.
- Nursing Home Assistant Administrator: Assistant administrators help to maintain the quality of patient care, oversee the staff and its development, and ensure that all employees comply with facility procedure and protocol. This position is typically entry-level and requires less experience working in nursing homes.
- Nursing Home Administrator: Nursing home administrators are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of nursing homes. They manage and develop staff, budget and utilize operational resources, ensure compliance and professional standards are upheld, and more. Typically a nursing home administrator provides oversight of the facility’s quality assurance process and must have a working knowledge of relevant local, federal, and state laws.
Request More Information
We’d love to get to know you and hear more about your educational and professional goals. If you’d like to learn more about one of our programs, fill out this form and we’ll be in touch:
Note: All fields required.
Learning Outcomes: Fulfill Academic Requirements for NHA Licensure
When you complete this program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the management processes used in nursing homes.
- Interpret accounting and financial data required to maintain the financial integrity of the nursing home facility.
- Examine laws, regulations, ethical codes, and patient rights that govern the practice of nursing homes.
- Assess strategies that health care administrators use for human resource management.
- Distinguish among the social, biological, and psychological issues of aging.
Beyond the Degree
We have the tools to help you make your next career move:
Work with your program director and professors for professional mentorship and support.
Job Search Assistance
Build your résumé, do mock interviews, and find new opportunities in your area.
Have our experts review your résumé and LinkedIn and learn to stand out from the crowd.
Register for events, create a visual profile for employers, and apply for jobs and internships through our online portal.
- Medical and Health Services Managers – Job Outlook. (2022). Retrieved September 7, 2022, from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics website: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm#tab-6
- Medical and Health Services Managers – Pay. (2022). Retrieved September 7, 2022, from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics website: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm#tab-5