Take Control of Your Nursing Career
Prepare for FNP Certification
Personal Support & Small Class Sizes
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Enhance Your Nursing Credentials
Prepare to become a Family Nurse Practitioner through the guidance of experienced faculty dedicated to equipping students with the technical knowledge that supports preparation for FNP certification through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners National Certification Board (AANP).
The online post-Master’s FNP Certificate’s research-backed curriculum coupled with clinical and practicum requirements fully prepares you to take your career to the next level.
Whether you’re looking to unlock new advancement opportunities or change your career direction entirely, the online CCNE-accredited post-Master’s FNP Certificate will equip you with the tools to accomplish your professional goals.
The focused and pragmatic curriculum, designed by experienced professionals, will prepare you to pursue national certification through American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners National Certification Board (AANP). The FNP certificate program coursework has been structured with the FNP certification process in mind, preparing students for FNP certification and licensure.
Career Outlook: Skills to Build an Autonomous Practice
The Certificate of Advanced Studies in Family Nurse Practitioner will enable you to accomplish your career goals in a variety of health care settings. The post-Master’s FNP Certificate will open the door to many advancement opportunities. With a median salary of $115,800, family nurse practitioner positions are also expected to grow by 26% over the next ten years, a rate that’s much faster than average1.Explore Careers
Curriculum: A Practical Approach to the Field
Concentrate on the nuances of the family nurse practitioner role through a balanced and research-backed curriculum. Designed by practitioners with extensive experience in the field, Utica University’s nursing program engages you with topics like health promotion and primary care, pharmacology, and assessment and diagnostic reasoning.
As a result, you will be fully prepared to engage with the practicum, residency, and fieldwork requirements of the CCNE-accredited online post-Master’s FNP Certificate.Explore Courses
The baccalaureate degree programs in nursing at Utica University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
The master’s degree program in nursing and the post-graduate APRN certificate program at Utica University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
You’ll complete this post-graduate FNP Nursing Certificate ready to:
- Integrate the arts and sciences, including leadership and ethical principles, with nursing science as a foundation for decision-making within diverse situations, settings, and communities resulting in safe patient care, quality outcomes, and health promotion.
- Use critical reflection, innovation, and interprofessional collaboration to promote lifelong learning and continual improvement, integrate current evidence, and inform policy.
- Incorporate current technologies to augment professional practice and scholarship.
- Employ analytic and diagnostic reasoning skills in the promotion of health, reduction of risk, and management of illness with diverse patient populations.
- Demonstrate interprofessional collaboration, ethical principles, and leadership through political and policy endeavors to enhance safety, quality, health care processes, and delivery systems.
- Illustrate effective communication and collaboration during patient and family interaction and coordination of care services.
To apply for admission, you must meet the following requirements:
- Completed application
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- Master’s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program
- Two letters of recommendation from professional colleagues at the BSN level or higher
- Unencumbered RN license in the state in which you reside
- 2,000 hours of work experience
- Personal Statement (Writing sample)
Note: Approved background check and fingerprints required at the time of clinical courses.Learn More
Tuition and Financial Aid:
This 31 credit hour certificate costs $825 per credit hour. Utica University is dedicated to making an advanced education accessible and affordable. Speak with an enrollment counselor to learn more.Learn More
The nursing faculty at Utica University is dedicated to supporting you in preparation for the FNP certification. As nurses who have gone through the certification process and have practiced as Family Nurse Practitioners, you will receive a top-notch and practical education suited to help you achieve your personal and professional goals.
With decades of experience in nursing education, research, and practice, the graduate nursing faculty are led by program director Doreen Rogers, DNS, RN and FNP coordinator Jennifer Klimek Yingling Ph.D., RN, ANP-BC, FNP-BC.
Jennifer Klimek Yingling, RN, Ph.D., ANP-BC, FNP-BC
Assistant Professor of Nursing, Nurse Practitioner Program Coordinator
Dr. Jennifer Klimek Yingling is an Assistant Professor of Nursing at Utica University, as well as an upstate New York resident helping to strengthen the community through practice, academics, and research.
Dr. Klimek Yingling studied at Mohawk Valley Community College and the State University of New York Institute of Technology, and she received her Doctorate of Philosophy in Nursing from Rutgers University. A passionate caregiver and a patient advocate, she is a dual-boarded Family and Adult Nurse Practitioner, holding nursing licenses in New York, Florida, and Massachusetts. Her more than two decades of nursing experience include medical-surgical, emergency, forensic, occupational and student health. Dr. Klimek Yingling practices clinically on a weekly basis in the Mohawk Valley Health Systems Emergency Department, which allows her to bring real-life experiences to the classroom.
Her research activities include work with breast cancer survivorship, horizontal violence, emergency department throughput, and adverse childhood experiences. In her free time, Dr. Klimek Yingling enjoys spending time in the Adirondacks with her husband and four children, as well as photography, gardening, cooking, and painting.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Advancing your life and career with an online degree comes with lots of questions, and we want to ensure your search for answers is effortless. If you have a question we haven’t covered, call (866) 295-3106 to speak with an enrollment counselor.
Interested in our state authorizations? To learn about state authorizations, click here.
You can complete the post-Master’s FNP Certificate program in just 20 months. To see the curriculum, view our courses page.
While the post-Master’s FNP Certificate program does not offer programmatic scholarships, please consider the following options regarding finances:
- Complete the FAFSA® to determine financial aid eligibility. Utica University’s FAFSA® code is 002883.
- Apply for a Sallie Mae loan.
- Review our financial aid page.
You can review tuition costs here.
Yes. The Certificate of Advanced Studies in Family Nurse Practitioner is CCNE accredited.
The first step toward applying for the Certificate of Advanced Studies in Family Nurse Practitioner is to start your online application. You’ll also need to gather official transcripts showing a Master’s in Nursing degree from an accredited nursing program, two letters of recommendation, a writing sample, and records of 2,000 hours of work experience. You also need an unencumbered RN license in the state in which you reside. You can learn more about our admissions policies here.
Transfer credits are not accepted for this program.
You’ll complete 9 courses to earn the post-Master’s FNP Certificate. You can learn more about coursework for the program here.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (April 12, 2019). Nurse Anesthetists, Nurse Midwives, and Nurse Practitioners.Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved on May 10, 2019, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/nurse-anesthetists-nurse-midwives-and-nurse-practitioners.htm
- View this state/program licensing grid on our state authorization page.