Improve Your Community with a Recovery-Focused MSW
Prep for NY State Licensure
500 Hours of Field Work
Utica University’s uniquely recovery-focused online MSW degree program opens doors to make an impact on both individuals and the larger community through job opportunities that will lead to positive changes within your community.
Make an Impact with Our Advanced Standing MSW
The demand for well-educated social workers is expected to grow 9% from 2021 to 2031.3 With an MSW focusing on the recovery of individuals and communities, you will be prepared for an impactful role.
- About 74,700 openings for social workers are projected each year, on average, over the decade.3
- Overall employment of health educators is projected to grow 12% from 2021 to 2031.1
Essential Social Work Careers
$60,600 per year1
Community Outreach Organizer
$41,102 per year2
$50,390 per year3
Additional roles for MSW degree graduates:
- Case Worker
- Criminal Course Liaison
- Homeless Services Provider
- Mental Health Clinician
- Mental Health Policy Analyst
- Private Practice Clinician
- Social Worker
- Social Work Program Planner
- Substance Abuse, Behavioral Disorder, and Mental Health Counselor
Request More Information
We’d love to get to know you and hear more about your educational and professional goals. If you’d like to learn more about one of our programs, fill out this form and we’ll be in touch:
Note: All fields required.
What You’ll Learn
- Foster and support the healthy functioning of individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities in need of help
- Assess clients’ needs, environments, strengths, and support networks to help them identify and realize their goals
- Provide psychoeducation, psychotherapy, and case management services
- Research, refer, and advocate for community resources, such as nutrition assistance or childcare
- Develop and evaluate programs and services to ensure that basic client needs are met
- Advocate for policy change on the local, state, and federal levels
- Work on interprofessional teams and lead organizations to fulfill their mission and goals
- Organize groups, task forces, and communities for social change events and movements
Skills You’ll Gain
- Screening, assessment, and diagnosis informed through the lens of the “person-in-environment” perspective in a variety of social work practice settings
- A variety of theory-informed and evidence supported clinical practices to intervene with individuals, families, and groups
- Knowledge to analyze, develop, and implement policies
- Recovery-oriented principles and implement practices
- Advocacy and care coordination to serve a wide variety of populations and settings
- Practice informed research to monitor and improve your practice and program performance
Beyond the Degree
We have the tools to help you make your next career move:
Work with your program director and professors for professional mentorship and support.
Job Search Assistance
Build your résumé, do mock interviews, and find new opportunities in your area.
Have our experts review your résumé and LinkedIn and learn to stand out from the crowd.
Register for events, create a visual profile for employers, and apply for jobs and internships through our online portal.
- “Occupational Outlook Handbook: Health Education Specialists and Community Health Workers.” Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved on August 11, 2023 from https://bls.gov/.
- “Average Community Outreach Salary.” Payscale. Retrieved on August 11, 2023 from https://payscale.com.
- “Occupational Outlook Handbook: Social Workers.” Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved on August 11, 2023 from https://bls.gov/.