Fill the Cybersecurity Leadership Skills Gap
The cybersecurity field is expanding, creating an increasing number of leadership positions that require operations management expertise. Contemporary businesses, not-for-profit organizations, and government agencies require talented leaders to establish, implement, and oversee their cybersecurity structure and manage the people and processes that support it.
- Database administration field to increase by 8% by 20301
- More than 13,000 new jobs for database administrators by 20301
- Average annual salary for cybersecurity managers is $130,9002
With the online M.S. in Cybersecurity Operations Management degree, you’ll build the advanced technical knowledge and project management expertise demanded by today’s employers. Explore the principles of successful project management, risk management and compliance frameworks, leadership concepts, and more as you embark on a promising career path with the expertise to fill a variety of in-demand jobs.
As a cybersecurity consultant1, you would address the cybersecurity needs of a business through the selection or development of appropriate data software. Your main objectives in this role would be to protect information and to defend the business against cyber attacks.
As a cybersecurity manager2, you would oversee a team of cybersecurity professionals in a company’s IT department. Your responsibilities may include developing procedures to address security breaches and ensuring all employees are following security protocol.
Additional jobs for cybersecurity operations management professionals:
- IT security consultant
- IT project manager
- Assistant chief information officer
- Assistant chief information security officer
- Systems administrator
Request More Information
We’d love to get to know you and hear more about your educational and professional goals. If you’d like to learn more about one of our programs, fill out this form and we’ll be in touch:
Note: All fields required.
Program Outcomes: Applying Expert Skills in the Real World
The online cybersecurity operations management master’s degree was developed by industry experts to help you advance your career. When you complete the program, you’ll be fully equipped to:
- Devise and implement cybersecurity frameworks in public and private businesses, and not-for-profit and governmental entities.
- Combine best practices in leadership and management to lead people, processes, and projects.
- Apply the five stages of effective project management to administer and regulate project activities, tasks, and processes.
- Interpret financial and accounting information to support managerial decision-making.
Beyond the Degree
We have the tools to help you make your next career move:
Work with your program director and professors for professional mentorship and support.
Job Search Assistance
Build your résumé, do mock interviews, and find new opportunities in your area.
Have our experts review your résumé and LinkedIn and learn to stand out from the crowd.
Register for events, create a visual profile for employers, and apply for jobs and internships through our online portal.
- Payscale.com. (Aug. 29, 2021). Average Security Consultant, (Computing / Networking / Information Technology) Salary. Retrieved on Sept. 23, 2021, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Security_Consultant%2C_(Computing_%2F_Networking_%2F_Information_Technology)/Salary
- Payscale.com. (Aug. 25, 2021). Average Cyber Security Manager Salary. Retrieved on Sept. 10, 2021, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Cyber_Security_Manager/Salary