Detect, Prevent, and Investigate Fraud and Financial Crimes
100% Online Courses
25+ Year History Education Fraud Fighters
ACAMS Premier Industry Partner
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Gain Crucial Skills for In-Demand Careers
Careers for financial examiners are growing much faster than average at an astounding 18% through 2030, which will add almost 7,000 new positions each year.1 Online degree programs from Utica University set you apart from the competition with innovative skills that help prevent, deter, and minimize the impacts of fraud and financial crime.
Whether you complete the bachelor’s degree or master’s degree from Utica University, you’ll gain the credentials for success.
- Prepare for the Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) exam, the gold-standard anti-money laundering certification for financial crime careers.
- Access tuition discounts that could help you pay for your Utica University online education.
Online Degree Programs
Join the fight against fraud and financial crime and excel in internal auditing, fraud investigation, and risk management careers. Utica University’s online programs give you the key skills employers need.
B.S. in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation
Learn crucial skills in criminal justice and accounting to combat fraud, money laundering, and corruption. This is one of the few online academic programs of its kind in the nation.
B.S. in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation: Financial Investigation
Learn accounting skills to pinpoint and document potential financial misdeeds with coursework that emphasizes accounting concepts and procedures, data analysis, methods of detecting fraud and damage assessment.
B.S. in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation: Fraud Prevention and Detection
Learn to identify potential deception and other forms of economic crimes as well as areas of potential vulnerability to fraud and economic crime.
M.S. in Financial Crime and Compliance Management
See economic crime from a global perspective. Gain skills in management, technology, and analysis to combat financial crime and prepare for a career in anti-money laundering, risk management, and more.
Career Outlook: Protect Financial Assets in Any Industry
Graduates of Utica University’s fraud and financial crime online programs have secured leadership positions in fraud analysis, fraud investigation, financial crime investigation, and regulation/compliance in many industries and law enforcement organizations.
You could choose to pursue advancement in several careers, such as a:
- Financial examiner: $81,430 median yearly salary1
- Forensic accountant: $71,832 average yearly salary2
- Fraud investigator: $62,406 average yearly salary3
Our online bachelor’s and master’s programs are adaptable to your preferred career and credentials. You can add a concentration in either Financial Investigation or Fraud Prevention and Detection to the bachelor’s degree, while the master’s degree includes advanced analytical and investigative skills.
Recognized for Excellence in the Field
- Utica University is the first university in the nation to become an education partner with the preeminent association for anti-money laundering and financial crime investigations – the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS).
- Utica University’s suite of financial crime programs is nationally acclaimed and has been formally recognized for its excellence by the International Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts (IALEIA).
- Utica University’s online B.S. in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation degree was one of the first of its kind developed in the U.S.
- Established in 1999, our Master of Science in Financial Crime and Compliance Management was one of the first programs of its kind — and it’s stayed at the front of its field ever since.
Faculty: Experts With Years of Experience
You’ll take online courses and still be fully connected to our professors in the fraud and financial crime programs. Our distinguished faculty have held high-level fraud management positions in the financial services industry and will share their extensive experience in risk analysis, fraud control implementation, and investigations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to common questions about our online fraud and financial crime investigation programs. If you don’t find the answer you’re looking for, reach out to us by calling 866-295-3106.
We’re accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. This recognition affirms that you’ll receive an exceptional and rigorously evaluated online education as a Utica student.
Work experience may be required for our online fraud and financial crime investigation programs. Please review the admission details for your program of interest to learn more.
That depends on the type of degree you are pursuing. In many cases, we accept transfer credits from other regionally accredited schools if they apply to your chosen curriculum.
As part of the admissions process, our staff completes a detailed, course-by-course evaluation of your previously earned credits to determine if and how many of your previously earned credits apply. Please review the admission details for your program of interest to learn more.
Studying online offers many benefits. You can choose where and when you study, all while continuing your career, raising a family, and contributing to your community as you advance your education.
Plus, you won’t have to commute or find on-campus housing as an online learner, which could help you save money as you learn. Visit our Online Student Life page to learn more about the online student experience.
You will typically dedicate 12 to 15 hours per week to each online course. While the rigor and expectations for on-campus and online instruction are the same, the flexible online format helps you fit the coursework into your schedule in the way that works for you.
Utica University is a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon program, making additional funds available for U.S. military students without an additional charge to their GI Bill® entitlement. View the military benefits page to learn more about Utica University benefits for U.S. military veterans and service members.
Utica University provides a 10% tuition discount for online students and spouses of Active Duty, Reserve, and Guard service members. Students can also apply for Yellow Ribbon funding, the GI Bill®, VA benefits, Army Emergency Relief, Air Force Aid, Navy/Marine Corps relief, and The American Legion scholarships. View the military benefits page to learn more about benefits for veterans and service members at Utica University.
Sources and Disclaimer
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. (2021 September 8). Financial Examiners. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved October 20, 2021 from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/financial-examiners.htm
- Payscale. (2021 September 27). Average Forensic Accountant Salary. Retrieved October 20, 2021 from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Forensic_Accountant/Salary
- Payscale. (2021 October 13). Average Fraud Investigator Salary. Retrieved October 20, 2021 from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Fraud_Investigator/Salary