Combating economic threats and adhering to regulatory requirements.
In the wake of major economic scandals like Enron, Bernie Madoff, and the subprime mortgage implosion, the public demanded stronger business and financial oversight. To meet the demand, jobs in this developing field now require people who are up-to-date in cyberterrorism prevention to identify theft avoidance and conduct tax crime and credit card investigations. You’ll complete this program with the skills you need to manage corporate and advanced technological resources and combat financial crime.
- 18% GROWTH FOR FINANCIAL EXAMINER JOB OPPORTUNITIES PROJECTED FROM 2020 TO 2030, DUE TO INCREASING DEMAND FOR FEDERAL REGULATORY COMPLIANCE AMONGST FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS1
- 17% GROWTH PROJECTED FOR FINANCIAL MANAGERS WITH RISK MANAGEMENT SKILLS FROM 2020 TO 2030, A GROWTH RATE THAT FAR EXCEEDS THE AVERAGE2
- TOP 10% OF FINANCIAL EXAMINERS EARN MORE THAN $159,1203
“Demand for Risk Management Specialists is expected to go up, with an expected 54,350 new jobs filled by 2029.”4 Our Master of Science in Financial Crime and Compliance Management prepares you to tap into these opportunities and advance your career.
Graduate qualified for leadership positions in fraud analysis, fraud investigation, fraud examination, and compliance in many industries and law enforcement organizations.
DIRECTOR, ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGEMENT
Enterprise risk managers work with companies to assess and identify the potential risks that may hinder the reputation, safety, security, and financial prosperity of their organization.5,6,7
Gather and analyze evidence, conduct interviews and interrogations, and build a case to identify and bring responsible parties to justice.7,8
MANAGER, RISK & COMPLIANCE
The role of a compliance officer, sometimes called a compliance manager, is to make sure that a company is conducting its business in full compliance with all national and international laws and regulations that pertain to its particular industry, as well as professional standards, accepted business practices, and internal standards.9,10
Additional roles for financial crime experts:
- Lawyer ($126,930/year)11
- Officer with Anti-Money Laundering ($69,700/year)12
- Senior Fraud Analyst ($51,247/year)13
Certification: Lead Investigations in Cryptocurrency Fraud and Theft
Through a unique partnership with CipherTrace — a leading cryptocurrency intelligence company — you can become a CipherTrace Certified Examiner (CTCE) and learn how to analyze and trace funds lost in cryptocurrency fraud and theft. You’ll use the same tools and get the same CTCE training as regulators and law enforcement members around the world do in becoming expert cryptocurrency financial investigators.
Once certified, you’ll be able to complete an active investigation at CipherTrace and write the case report, giving you direct, hands-on experience and demonstrating an incredibly valuable skill set to employers.
Request More Information
We’d love to get to know you and hear more about your educational and professional goals. If you’d like to learn more about one of our programs, fill out this form and we’ll be in touch:
Note: All fields required.
Key Skills Employers Need
- Apply organizational design and enterprise risk management skills to fraud and compliance issues in a national and global environment
- Conduct advanced investigation and analysis, utilizing multiple data sources to prevent, detect, and mitigate fraud
- Provide leadership to manage the use of analytical skills, investigation, and detection methods in economic crime management including auditing, data, mining, and modeling
- Integrate theory and practice, reflecting current knowledge, high ethical standards, and professional responsibility
- Recognize the increasing role of operational and compliance risk as it relates to information and communication technology
- Manage the expanding role in loss mitigation and business continuity to protect the organization
- Navigate the complex legal and compliance regulations impacting public and private sector organization
Beyond the Degree
We have the tools to help you make your next career move:
Work with your program director and professors for professional mentorship and support.
Job Search Assistance
Build your résumé, do mock interviews, and find new opportunities in your area.
Have our experts review your résumé and LinkedIn and learn to stand out from the crowd.
Register for events, create a visual profile for employers, and apply for jobs and internships through our online portal.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. Financial Examiners. Retrieved on October 7, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/financial-examiners.htm#tab-1
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. Financial Managers. Retrieved on October 5, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/financial-managers.htm
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. Financial Examiners. Retrieved on October 7, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/financial-examiners.htm#tab-5
- Recruiter. Career Outlook and Job Vacancies for Risk Management Specialists. Retrieved October 18, 2021, from https://www.recruiter.com/careers/risk-management-specialists/outlook/
- Salary.com. Salary for Risk Management Director. Retrieved on September 27, 2021, from https://www.salary.com/research/salary/benchmark/risk-management-director-salary
- All About Careers. Risk Manager. Retrieved October 18, 2021, from https://www.allaboutcareers.com/job-profile/risk-manager
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. Claims Adjusters, Appraisers, Examiners, and Investigators. Retrieved October 5, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/claims-adjusters-appraisers-examiners-and-investigators.htm
- PayScale. Average Fraud Investigator Salary. Retrieved September 26, 2021, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Fraud_Investigator/Salary
- PayScale. Average Compliance Risk Manager Salary. Retrieved August 3, 2021, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Compliance_Risk_Manager/Salary
- Robert Walters USA. The role of a compliance officer. Retrieved October 18, 2021, from https://www.robertwalters.us/blog/the-role-of-a-compliance-officer.html
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. Lawyers. Retrieved October 5, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/legal/lawyers.htm
- PayScale. Compliance Officer with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Skills Salary. Retrieved September 21, 2021, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Compliance_Officer/Salary/86503f63/Anti-Money-Laundering-AML
- Glassdoor. Salary: Senior Fraud Analyst. Retrieved October 18, 2021, from https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/senior-fraud-analyst-salary-SRCH_KO0,20.htm